1 — APPOINTMENT
The Director of Facilities Management will, on the recommendation of the managers who are responsible for the departments who occupy buildings, appoint and maintain a list of building contacts.
2 — FUNCTION
A building contact’s function is to facilitate communications by
- a. assisting building occupants in communicating with, and receiving services from, other University departments such as Facilities Management,
- b. advising these other departments on issues related to their buildings, and
- c. assisting these other departments in communicating with building occupants.
3 — BUILDING CONTACT MEETINGS
The Director of Facilities Management will meet with building contacts on a semi-annual basis to review problems, concerns and suggestions for improvements to policies, procedures, and communications.
4 — ADVICE
Some of the areas in which building contacts may be required to advise other departments, whether on their own initiative or on request, include, but are not limited to, the following items:
- a. security;
- b. maintenance;
- c. health and safety;
- d. cleaning;
- e. service interruptions;
- f. building inspections;
- g. locking and unlocking schedules;
- h. complaints from occupants; and
- i. building services.