Now that you’ve experienced entrepreneurial thinking, how has it changed you?
Self-reflection is a critical skill for entrepreneurial thinkers, whether they’re operating a business, working in an established organization, or contributing to a not-for-profit.
Take a few minutes to ponder what you’ve gained through your entrepreneurial activities. What insights, skills, and attitudes will inform your career development going forward? Where might entrepreneurship take you next?
What does entrepreneurship mean to you?
Take Entrepreneurial Action
- Complete the worksheet Assess Your Entrepreneurial Strengths.
- Complete the worksheet What’s Next for You?
How has your concept of entrepreneurship evolved since you started the program? How do you now define entrepreneurship for yourself?
- How could entrepreneurship change your life? Change Mount Allison? Impact the broader community?
For Further Help
Below you’ll find a catalogue of entrepreneurship resources. It includes the resources curated for each Module of the Think Inc. program plus additional resources on other topics that will help you develop your entrepreneurial thinking skills.
Module 1 Resources: Find Your Entrepreneurial Idea
Nine ways entrepreneurs think differently than employees (Inc.com article)
- Six tools to assess your potential as an entrepreneur (AlleyWatch article)
- Why is entrepreneurial thinking important (video from the University of Calgary)
Module 2 Resources: Collect Insights from Your Target Market
- Customer interviews: Tips, do’s, and don’ts (VentureWell article)
- Find your customers with a target market analysis (Forbes article)
- How to do the “product/market fit” survey with your customers (video from Tiny Marketing Wins)
Module 3 Resources: Sketch Your Business Model
- Guidance on how to create a Social Impact Canvas
- Why business models matter
- How to start a business budget
- Capture your business model in 20 minutes
Module 4 Resources: Pitch Your Business Idea
- Nine things that take a pitch from good to great
- 30 legendary startup pitch decks and what you can learn from them
Module 5 Resources: Start Your Side Hustle
- Ideas for side hustles to get you thinking
- Side hustle ideas for students
- How to run a side hustle and avoid burnout
- Benefits of side hustles
- List of tools that can help you run your side hustle
Module 6 Resources: Design the Career and Life You Want
- Designing Your Career (free course from Stanford Online)
- Forget resolutions. Try these 7 ways to design your life.
- Life Design Log
Module 7 Resources: Attracting Your First Customers
- How to Develop a Unique (& Memorable) Brand Identity in 2022 (tips for creating your visual brand identity)
- 12 Top Storytelling Marketing Examples: How Brands Tell Stories
- Data-Driven Marketing Trends for 2022
- Which Marketing Personality Type Are You?
- Seth’s Blog (blog by marketing expert Seth Godin)
Module 8 Resources: Sales and Business Processes
- Top 3 Strategies to Sell Without “Selling”
- Interview with Daniel Pink about his book To Sell Is Human
- The Beginner’s Guide to Relationship Selling
- Starting Up a Business? Focus on the Business Process
Using LinkedIn to Grow Your Business
- How to Use LinkedIn to Market your Business
- How to Use LinkedIn for Business and Marketing
- 10 LinkedIn Tips for Students & New Grads
Using PESTLE Analysis to Position Your Business
- PESTLE Analysis: Painting a “Big Picture” of the Business Environment
- Do a PESTLE Analysis
- PESTEL Analysis Explained
Cultivating Influence Skills
- 7 Ways to Influence Other People
- 5 Communication Skills Successful Entrepreneurs Use to Influence Others
- New Research: The Skills that Make an Entrepreneur
How to Pivot Successfully
- When and How to Pivot a Business Model
- How to Pivot Successfully in Business
- 10 Steps to a Successful Pivot of Business Strategy