Visiting student admissions | Mount Allison

Apply as a visiting student if you're pursuing post-secondary studies at another recognized university or college, and want to complete coursework at Mount Allison.

Typicallly, visiting students don't intend to obtain a degree from Mount Allison, but want to transfer credits to their home institution.

Canadian students

To apply to Mount Allison as a visiting student:

STEP 1: Submit visiting student application
STEP 2: Submit supporting documents
  • Official transcripts from all previous post-secondary institutions — official transcripts must be sent directly to Mount Allison from your high school by mail, fax, or e-mail.
  • A letter of permission from your home institution — send to


International students

Exchange students

If you're currently attending one of Mount Allison's established international partner institutions and wish to take part in an exchange with Mount Allison, apply as an exchange student.

Free-moving international students

If your university doesn't have an established partnership with Mount Allison, you can attend as a free-moving international student for one or two semesters. As a free-moving student, you'll have to pay international student tuition to Mount Allison.

To apply as an international free-moving student:

STEP 1: Submit visiting student application
STEP 2: Submit supporting documents
  • Original or certified copies of all previous university studies undertaken (a full academic transcript showing all courses attempted, including failures, markes, or grades)
  • Proof of English language proficiency (if applicable)
  • A key/guide to the grading system
  • Certified copy of the personal details page of your passport or birth certificate — documents not in English must be accompanied by official English language translations
  • Letter of Permission from your home university stating that they will offer transfer credit for studies completed at Mount Allison

For further information, please contact Admissions: