Your campus card is more than just a student ID

Where to use your card

You'll need your campus card for many different services on campus:

  • Access to you meal plan
  • Residence access
  • Pick up your student mail
  • Printing and copying around campus
  • Purchases at the Bookstore
  • Services at the library and library fees
  • Access to the fitness centre
  • Photo ID for exams


For new students — how to get your card

There are various opportunities to get your student ID before classes start.

You can get your student ID at anytime at the Bookstore, located in the lower level of the Wallace McCain Student Centre. You'll need one piece of government-issued photo id (i.e. driver's license, passport, etc.).

If you're moving into residence, you can also get them on:

Load your card

Your campus card can be used to load Mountie Money for use around campus, and much more. To load Mountie Money on your card and access your account information:

  • Online: load your Mountie Money online. You'll need a Visa or Mastercard and your student/staff ID. The first time you log in, your ID and PIN are your student/staff ID number
  • Library: an ATM card loader accepts $5, $10, and $20
  • Bookstore: load your card using cash, debit, or credit card
Conditions of use
  • Do not tamper with the picture, information, or chip.
  • Do not dent, chip, bend or punch holes in your card. The campus card has small wiring that runs inside the card to make the chip work. If any of the wiring gets broken your card will not work.  You will then need to request a replacement card. The fee for replacement cards is $25.
  • Do not put your card near, water, heat, or magnetic fields.
  • Do not use your card as a window scraper.
  • Do not lend your card to anyone. Both the student loaning the card and the student attempting to use the card will face possible charges under the judicial system.

If you lose your card

First, log into your online account and suspend your card.

Visit the Bookstore to request a replacement card. There is a $25 replacement fee for all lost or damaged cards.

Once you leave campus

All funds added to your card, remain on your card while you are a registered student at Mount Allison University.

If you would like to remove your funds from your campus card, please contact financial services. There is a $5 service fee for all refund requests.

Questions? Visit the Bookstore, located in the Wallace McCain Student Centre. Residence students can email