Gain hands-on experience through paid internships.
Mount Allison offers exceptional opportunities to join businesses and organizations locally and internationally for paid internships — open to students from all disciplines and academic years.
Internship opportunities are offered in two categories:
- Summer internships — full-time during the summer months
- Academic year internships — part-time during the academic year
Summer internship opportunities are normally posted in January.
Current internship opportunities
To find our full list of current internship opportunities, log into our experiential learning platform, Experience MtA, with your MtA username (full email address) and password.
Each internship will have information on how to apply, specific eligibility requirements, and deadlines.
What will I need to apply?
You will need a targeted resume and cover letter, which you can upload and manage in your profile.
If your resume and cover letter are not up to the professional standard that employers expect, we will not pass your application along.
Students can book an appointment with the experiential learning and career development office to make sure your application is ready.
Am I eligible?
Internships are open to students from all disciplines and academic years.
- You must be a current student
- For summer internships, you must be returning to MtA in the fall
- You must also be in good academic standing and be a full-time student (or have exceptional circumstances)
Some employers may have a preference as to educational background, others are looking for the best student, willing to learn and excited to take on new challenges this summer.
Internship program expectations
Interns participate in a structured learning process to help get the most from their experience, including:
- Pre-placement orientation session
- Written reflections
- Setting learning outcomes and helping you to develop skills on the job that you can use in your future career
- Assessment by the employer
Design your own summer internship
Mount Allison students can also apply for grants and funding to design your own internship experience during the summer with a host organization of your choice. Students develop, plan, and implement their own experience.