Important dates and deadlines for graduation
For students wishing to graduate at spring Convocation, please follow these steps to ensure you're ready to graduate and receive your diploma at the end of the academic year.
Before classes start in September, make sure your program requirements are completed by the end of the academic year. For help, visit advising and degree planning.
APPLY TO GRADUATE
Deadline to complete your application for graduation form for the academic year in which you intend to graduate. If you don't complete this application, you won't be eligible to graduate.
SUBMIT YOUR DEGREE AUDIT FORM
Deadline to submit your completed degree audit form for the academic year in which you intend to graduate.
GET READY FOR CONVOCATION
Get ready to attend Convocation, including getting information on Convocation tickets, gown and hood rentals, and the schedule of events for Convocation Weekend.
For students wishing to graduate in October
If you plan to graduate with any degree and/or certificate in October, submit the following by Sept. 1:
- the application for graduation form of the academic year in which you intend to graduate. If you do not complete this application, you will not be eligible to graduate.
- a completed to the registrar's office of the academic year in which you intend to graduate.
Please note, because we do not have a fall Convocation, graduands approved at the October Senate meeting will have their degrees conferred “in absentia” and diplomas will be mailed as soon as possible to the students' home address unless other arrangements have been made with Registrar's Office (contact firstname.lastname@example.org ).
October graduates will be invited to participate in the following spring Convocation ceremony.
In order to graduate, whether in person or in absentia, all students must have cleared their outstanding financial accounts with the University (i.e. tuition fees, residence charges, library fine).
Services for graduating students
The Bookstore offers services to graduating students, including gown rentals for grad photos, grad rings, and diploma frames.
The prospective grad list
The prospective grad list is a list of students who have applied to graduate, and whose registration gives them enough potential credit to graduate, as per program requirements and calendar regulations.
The list will be updated periodically to include additions and corrections. Students will be notified via e-mail when preliminary and revised lists are posted. Separate lists are produced for October and May graduations.
Check the grad list
It's important to check the prospective grad list to ensure your information is correct. Students can submit a prospective grad list problem form to address issues.
When to use the grad list problem form
- Your name does not appear on the list and you will be submitting an application and degree audit form immediately
- Your name does not appear on the list because your course registration did not fulfill degree requirements and you have made the necessary changes to your registration and would like to request a recheck of your degree requirements
- You have made changes to your registration since submitting your degree audit form and would like to request a recheck of your degree requirements
- Your name is misspelled on the list
- Your hometown is incorrect on the list
- Your degree program is incorrect on the list
- Your major/minor/honours are not listed correctly
Questions? Contact the Registrar's Office at email@example.com or call (506) 364-2269.